Name of PI: Gudrun SCHLEIERMACHER, MD PhD
26 rue d’Ulm, 75005 PARIS, France
- Olivier Delattre, Director of SIREDO ( Integrative Pediatric Oncology Center) , of INSERMU830, of the Somatic Genetic Unit and of the ICGex Sequencing Platform. Olivier.email@example.com
- Sandy Azzi-Hatem, Scientific and Business manager of the SIREDO Pediatric Oncology Center . Sandy.Azzi-Hatem@curie.fr
- Didier Surdez, U830 INSERM. Responsible for the pediatric PDX program. Didier.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sakina Zaidi, U830, INSERM. Research engineer. Zakina.email@example.com
- Justine Zulini, U830, INSERM. Research engineer. Justine.Zulini@curie.fr
- Angela Bellini, U830 INSERM, Researcher of the pediatric translational research team. Angela.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mathieu Chicard, U830 INSERM, PhD student of pediatric translational research team. Mathieu.email@example.com
- Gaelle Pierron, Responsible for the Somatic Genetic Unit. Gaelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eve Lapouble, Somatic Genetic Unit, Scientific project manager. Eve.email@example.com
- Laura Le Roux, Somatic Genetic Unit, Laboratory technician and responsible for sample reception. Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stelly Ballet, Somatic Genetic Unit, Laboratory technician , responsible for NGS techniques. Stelly.email@example.com
- Delphine Guillemot, Somatic Genetic Unit, Laboratory technician. Delphine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delphine Lequin, Somatic Genetic Unit, Biology engineer. Delphine.email@example.com
- Virginie Bernard, Somatic Genetic Unit, bioinformatician. Viginie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Institut Curie (IC), a private non-profit foundation established in 1921 is dedicated to pursuing two connected goals in the fight against cancer: patient care and oncology research. Between sites in Paris, in Orsay, and in Saint Cloud, over 2,200 people work for the Institute. IC is one of the main cancer centers in France with 7,500 new patients seen and 75,000 patients treated every year. The areas of expertise include breast cancer, sarcomas, and pediatric tumors. IC was one of the 2 first centers in France to be awarded a SIRIC label (Integrated Cancer Research Site) by the French National Cancer Institute in 2011, and was recently awarded the OECI (Organization of European Cancer Institutes) label.
In 2017, a center for Care, Innovation, Research for children, adolescents and young adults with cancer entitled SIREDO has been created under the leadership of Olivier Delattre. SIREDO aims at bringing together researchers and medics working on pediatric tumors to rapidly implement medical applications based on the scientific advances. In the clinics, SIREDO manages almost 300 patients each year. Institut Curie is also the 2nd European center for patient’s recruitment, enrolling 180-200 patients in clinical trials each year. At the research level, Olivier Delattre’s group have made seminal discoveries in pediatric oncology including the description of EWS-FLI1 translocations in Ewing sarcoma, BCOR-CCNB3 fusion in Ewing-like tumors, SMARCB1 homozygous deletion in rhabdoïd tumors and ALK mutation in neuroblastoma. A PDX program led by Didier Surdez started about 4 years ago and allowed to generate a large set of sustainable pediatric PDX models. In addition, GEMMs for neuroblastoma and rhabdoid tumors have been successfully generated. The RTOP team led by Gudrun Schleiermacher focusses on molecular characterization of high risk pediatric cancers, in particular neuroblastoma and rhabdoid tumors.
IC has a state of the art mouse animal facility with a broad panel of murine GEMMs and human tumor models growing in immunocompetent or immune-deficient mice. IC has a bioluminescence imaging device and a small animal imaging facility to monitor in vivo tumor growth. IC genomics of Excellence (ICGex) NGS platform has a strong experience in sequencing technologies (WGS, Exome, RNAseq, ChiPseq…) and a dedicated bioinformatics infrastructure to analyses NGS data. These excellent scientific structures as well as the strong interaction between the research center and hospital reinforced within the SIREDO integrated pediatric oncology center provide an ideal setting for moving forward the objectives of the IMI2-ITCC-P4 program.